Saturday, November 29, 2008

Cleaning the Rat Zapper

From time to time your Rat Zapper will need cleaned. You will know it is time when you turn on the Rat Zapper and it makes a arching sound.

The first thing you should do when cleaning your Rat Zapper is turn if off. The next step is to remove the batteries. Now you are ready to start cleaning.

Take your zapper along with a pan of hot soapy water, about 1.5" deep, and sit the Zapper in the water. It will need to sit there for 2 hours. After the soaking time has expired, remove the Rat Zapper, scrub the bottom and then rinse out.

It must be completely dry before putting the batteries back into the unit. You can let it air dry or speed up the process by using a hair dryer.

It is important to put in fresh batteries as the unit was probably draining the batteries when it was shortly out.

Cleaning the Rat Zapper will keep it functioning for a long time.

2 comments:

Raizuli said...

I did what was suggested to clean the Rat Zapper and it worked exactly as described. Thank you! I don't like killing anything, even rats. But the damage they were doing to my garden required it. These Rat Zappers have worked far, far better than anything else I've tried. And the cleaning along with new batteries has me confident again that we're being protected.

Dave said...

Thanks for the feedback. I have eliminated 2 mice with my Zapper, but now find it needs cleaning (it immediately starts arcing with nothing there). I see nothing there, so I have it soaking now and will rinse and put back into guard duty later. I also have a bigger unit, just called "Electronic Rat Killer" which has been set off multiple times but has not yet killed anything. I put the bait in a plastic bottle cap and found it outside the trap. So it has been visited and set off but failed to kill. Even though it has killed no mice, it might need cleaning because they have been in there. Here is to our on going battle!